In my work I have presented workshops, coached, and consulted in 23 Annual Conferences & states: Baltimore/Washington, New Jersey, Nebraska Great Plains, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, NW Texas, North Texas, Central Texas, SW Texas, East Ohio, North Georgia, Western NC, Virginia, Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois Great Rivers, Tennessee, Alabama, Wisconsin, Florida and Indiana.
Workshops and Seminars
Workshops and seminars are fast-paced, interactive and engaging with lots of laughter, stories, and discussion. Our most-often requested workshops are:
“My philosophy in pastoral transitions is that a church can do better than just ‘getting through a change of pastors.’ With good guidance, preparation, and coaching, the transition can be an ideal time of renewed energy and growth!”
- 2nd Pastors Following a Founder — whether the church is a few months or more than 10 years old, it has never had a change of pastoral leadership and is at its most fragile time.
- Pastoral transitions involving long-tenured pastors — many similar dynamics are present when a church hasn’t had a pastoral leadership transition for more than 10 years.
- Larger church pastors — usually because growth has plateaued or the church is going through some difficult time trying to be relevant and find renewed passion.
- Churches wanting to improve their hospitality
We consult with:
- Stuck on growth plateaus
- Preparing for a pastoral leadership transition
- Realizing their culture is not conducive to growth and wanting to learn how to change the culture to result in growth
- Dealing with challenging pastoral transitions, new direction, or significant conflict
- Annual Conferences, Bishops and Cabinets realizing they need to develop protocols for recruiting, training, and deploying trained pastors to follow founders or long-tenured pastorates.
- Assessing candidates under consideration for appointment to a 2nd pastor or long-tenured situation
- Trying to improve the Conference’s culture of hospitality
- Trying to create a conference wide culture of growth
Not-for-Profits and Other Corporate Entities
- Assessing and Identifying the current organizational culture
- Learning specific steps and techniques to change it to the desired culture
- Wanting to embed the new culture throughout the organization
Need more information about Workshops, Coaching or Consulting?
Do you have questions or want more information about one of the workshops or about setting up coaching or consulting? Just fill out the form at this link and Jim will get back with you.